The process of creating your own Young Democrats chapter is simple. To register your chapter with our organization, you must do the following:
1. Make sure the chapter you want to create does not already exist. You can find a list of registered KYD organizations in the "Chapters" tab above. Chapters can be organized at the high school, college, or county level.
2. Have at least five (5) prospective members of the organization. There must at least be a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and one at-large member.
3. Fill out the chartering packet (download below). This involves collecting the contact information of all your members, which can be easily done by passing around the form at one of your meetings. It also requires you to collect the signature of the chair of your local county party organization. You can find their contact information at https://www.kansasdems.org/counties/
4. Ratify KYD's constitution as well as your own chapter's constitution (download both below). Your chapter can run however its members want it to, as long as it does not conflict with KYD's bylaws. You may base your chapter's constitution on the sample chapter constitution we have provided below.
5. Submit your paperwork via mail or email. The physical paperwork can be mailed to our address (PO Box 3134, Lawrence, KS 66046) or scanned and sent to our email (email@example.com).